Senior Mechanical Engineer
JAKTOOL is looking for an Senior Mechanical Engineer who will oversee a team of engineers who are responsible for all phases of the project life cycle including concept generation, preliminary and detail design, analysis, testing, and assembly, as well as manufacturing support. This hands-on leadership role works closely with other teams to qualify and execute design deliverables, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL.
Candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate JAKTOOL's core values:
- Communicating Clearly
- Showing Confidence with Humility
- Seeking & Applying Knowledge
- Expressing an Enthusiastic Attitude
- Applying a Strong Work Ethic
- Building Trust on Multiple Levels
HYBRID WORK MODEL
Candidates may choose to be remote 1 day per 2 week period & all employees are off alternating Fridays
9/80 work schedule gives our team 26 days off in addition to PTO & Holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Through individual efforts or guiding efforts of the technical team:
- Review & approve drawings prepared by design team for release
- Coordination and management of project schedules with customers and supply chain
- Design, analysis, modeling, assembly, and validation of mechanical systems and subsystem.
- Perform structural analysis including, but not limited to, traditional hand calculations and FEA to support product development and design.
- Perform/oversee testing and validation of products to confirm design specifications and evaluate potential failure mode and life expectancy.
- Documentation and organization of design-related data / technical drawing packages following design and revision controls per ISO 9001 and internal standard practice.
- Support brainstorming of new, creative product concepts and ideas.
- Collaborate with manufacturing team to generate new, creative solutions to bring product concepts to completion
- Testing and theoretical analysis of designs to determine product safety, efficacy, and conformity
- Supervise, lead, hire, train and mentor design engineers and interns
- Use of CAD (SolidWorks/CREO) software to create solid models, assemblies, and engineering drawings in accord with ASME Y 14.5 2009.
- Use of precision metrology equipment (optical comparator, micrometers, etc.)
- Participate in and/or host product development and design review meetings.
- Write performance reviews, solve internal issues
- Oversee the design requirements on contracted projects
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts
- Encourage a team environment
- Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served & of JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
- Work independently on assignments and able to multi-task on several projects
- Travel up to 10% for attendance at trade shows, conferences, customer design meetings, and sales support
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical \ Aerospace \ Industrial engineering
- Ideal candidate will have at least 6 years engineering design experience post-graduation
- Prior Supervisory experience
- Completion of an authorized Six Sigma Green Belt Program (or higher) & certification preferred
- Fluency in CAD software (Solidworks preferred
- Possess a high degree of hands-on mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- A clear understanding of GD&T Standards
- Experience with mechanical user interfaces and mechanism design including cams, linkages, or other critical features
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods and iterative design
- Experience with performing tolerance stack-ups and knowledge of inspection tools
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing/fabrication, CAM, and or assembly is preferred (lathe, mill, machine tools)
- Excellent analytical, communication, teamwork, and organizational skills