Senior Mechanical Engineer
JAKTOOL is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is responsible for all phases of the project life cycle including concept generation, preliminary and detail design, analysis, assembly, and test as well as manufacturing support. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for guidance, mentorship and engineering design review of work performed by more junior engineers.
This role works closely with engineering and account management to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL. Candidates for this role must be self-driven, creative, have amazing attention to detail, good management skills, as well as great teamwork and collaboration skills to interface with our customers and the rest of our design, manufacturing, and management teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform or oversee and provide design reviews/guidance for;
- Design, analysis, modeling, assembly, and validation of mechanical systems and subsystems
- Create solid models, assemblies, and engineered drawings in accord with ASME Y 14.5 2009 using Solidworks®.
- Structural analysis including, but not limited to traditional hand calculations and quick-turn FEA to support product development and design. More detailed FEA to be performed as needed.
- Testing and validation of products to confirm product function, failure mode and life expectancy.
- Project Management
- Product Development for internal and external client needs
- Provide guidance and mentorship for the Mechanical Engineering team
- Contribute to the annual review process for the Mechanical Engineering Team.
- Documentation and organization of design related data / technical drawing packages in accordance with design and revision controls per ISO 9001 and internal standard practice
- Support brainstorming of new, creative product concepts and ideas
- Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served
- Develop a broad knowledge base of JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
- Work independently on assignments and multi-task on several projects
- Travel up to 15% for attendance at customer design meetings, trade shows, conferences & sales support.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience in automation & prototype development is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects with oversight
- Fluency in CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Possess a high degree of hands on mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Clear understanding of GD&T Standards
- Excellent analytical, communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Experience with engineering document control
- Excellent computer skills
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented – able to communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members and customers
- Adaptable/flexible – able to adjust to project modifications while focusing on deadlines
- Detail-oriented – able to focus on the details while considering the impact to the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges and working towards milestones
- Autonomous/Independent – able to work independently within boundaries defined by leadership
- Innovative – able to develop creative solutions when appropriate
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Cranbury, NJ
- Employees are required to be on-site
- Must be a US Citizen or national of United States
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Company Paid Life & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development assistance