CNC Prototype Manufacturing Engineer - Turning
THIS POSITION IS FULLY ON-SITE AT OUR FACILITY IN CRANBURY NJ. REMOTE WORK IS NOT AN OPTION.
JAKTOOL is an engineering and precision prototype manufacturing company serving customers in the defense, consumer product, aerospace and medical communities. We have grown over the past 25 years, into a highly skilled and diverse team of engineers and tradespeople, capable of maturing our customers’ ideas into functional physical prototypes; closing the loop between design and manufacturing.
JAKTOOL specializes in the development and prototyping of complex, tight tolerance, precision machined components and sub-assemblies for a variety of applications. We supply leading OEMs as well as Tier One suppliers with services including design, development, prototyping, and low volume production. We invest in the latest technology to support specific customer needs to deliver long-term value through a collaborative approach.
What we are looking for:
- Solid and proven experience as a Manufacturing/Process/CNC Engineer
- Skilled in a CNC Machining Environment within a Lean Culture
- CNC Programming and Execution Experience Required specifically with Turning and/or Swiss Turning
- Familiarity with:
- DMG Mori
- Familiarity with:
- ISO 9001 Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college and 2+ years of work experience as a Manufacturing/Process/CNC Engineer, or 5+ years of relevant prototype manufacturing work experience.
Job Responsibilities (Solid and Proven Experience):
- Develop complex manufacturing processes and documentation:
- Tooling selection, work-holding, machining and finishing processes, work instructions, control plans, etc.
- Create custom tooling and fixtures as needed to support the prototype manufacturing and qualification cycle.
- Understand and apply GD&T.
- Use precision inspection and validation instruments (optical comparator, micrometers, standard measurement test equipment)
- Resource management to maximize throughput to meet schedule.
- Pursue and apply the latest manufacturing and industry related processes.
- Coordinate and manage project schedules.
- Participate in periodic product development and design review meetings.
- Collaborating with team to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Apply problem solving techniques, i.e., root-cause analysis, to develop solutions and drive reliable manufacturing processes.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid time off
- FSA accounts
- Short term/long term disability
- Education allowance
- And more…