Electrical Engineer Intern
THIS POSITION IS FULLY ON-SITE AT OUR FACILITY IN CRANBURY NJ. REMOTE WORK IS NOT AN OPTION.
Are you a natural-born programmer? Do you love to break things down, see what makes them tick, then build them back better than ever? Do you like to learn as you go, and figure out things as they land in front of you? Maybe you should intern in with us! We dream big, in search of novel, innovative engineering solutions. Read on to determine if you are the intern we may be looking for.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
JAKTOOL’s Electrical Engineering team is searching for an Electrical Engineering Intern to work closely with the Engineering team and support internal and external development projects. The Electrical Engineering Intern will be exposed to many aspects of the engineering process as they design, develop, and produce prototype electrical devices that meet the JAKTOOLstandard of quality. Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, creative,possess attention to detail, and work well in a team. We are looking for someone with excellent hands-on capabilities and a passion to learn.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support hardware and software development efforts of microcontroller-based devices.
- Design and produce prototype PCB assemblies.
- Design and code firmware for prototype devices.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues in malfunctioning development devices.
· Support software development for Android and/or iOS applications.
· Research and provide support for internal development projects.
· Be able to handle multiple tasks and allocate time as needed to meet deadlines.
· Intern is expected to be able to research and solve issues independently.
· Take ownership of assigned projects, interface with the team as needed and drive projects to completion.
III. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Electrical Engineering program
· Excellent computer skills are essential.
· Fluent with at least one programming language(C/C++, Java, Python preferred) and able to adapt to new languages as needed.
· Fluent with Microsoft Office.
· Prior experience working with Arduino-level or more advanced projects highly preferred.
· Prior experience designing circuit boards is preferred.
· Prior experience with ARM development is preferred.
· Demonstrates effective problem solving
· Strong written communication is required
· Excellent organization and time managementskills, attention to detail
This is paid internship position. Compensation is based on skills and experience. We’re offering a part time, flexible work schedule, and the unique opportunity to help shape our operations while gaining valuable work experience.