Mechanical Engineer - Medical Devices
Are you a born tinkerer who loves todream up new designs and figure out ways to make them work at work and at play?Are you an action-oriented thinker who loves to solve problems? Do you preferto work in a dynamic work environment where you can put your attention todetail to the test? Are you a driver of positive change and constantimprovement? Then we have a role for you! JAKTOOL is looking for a MechanicalEngineer. Read on to see if you have what it takes to join our team.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
JAKTOOL is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in medical device technology who is responsible for all phases of the project life cycle including concept generation, preliminary and detail design, analysis, assembly, and test as well as manufacturing support. This role works closely with engineering and account management to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL. Candidates for this role must be self-driven, creative, have amazing attention to detail, good management skills, as well as great teamwork and collaboration skills to interface with our customers and the rest of our design, manufacturing, and management teams.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design, analysis, modeling, assembly, and validation of mechanical systems and subsystems
· Use of CAD (SolidWorks/CREO) software to create solid models, assemblies, and engineered drawings in accord with ASME Y 14.5 2009
· Perform structural analysis including, but not limited to traditional hand calculations and quick-turn FEA to support product development and design. More detailed FEA to be performed as needed.
· Perform/oversee testing and validation of products to confirm product function, failure mode and life expectancy.
· Project Management
· Coordinate project schedule with customers, supply chain, internal resources and supervisors
· Use of precision metrology equipment (optical comparator, micrometers, etc.)
· Occasional use of manual lathe, mill, and related manufacturing equipment
· Documentation and organization of design related data / technical drawing packages in accordance with design and revision controls per ISO 9001 and internal standard practice
· Participate and/or host product development and design review meetings
· Support brainstorming of new, creative product concepts and ideas
· Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served
· Develop a broad knowledge base of JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
· Work independently on assignments and multi-task on several projects
· Travel up to 15% for attendance at customer design meetings, trade shows, conferences & sales support.
· Other duties as assigned
III. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering & a minimum of 4 years of work experience in medical device design.
· Relevant experience in automation
· Fluency in CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
· Possess a high degree of hands on mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
· Experience with mechanical system design, design for medical device prototyping technology.
· Experience in medical device regulatory/GMP preferred.
· Experience with clinical trials, regulatory filing & structural analysis is highly desired.
· Clear understanding of GD&T Standards
· Hands on experience in manufacturing /fabrication, CAM, and / or assembly is preferred (lathe, mill, machine tools).
· Excellent analytical, communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
· Experience with engineering document control
· Experience with electronics and automation a plus
· Excellent computer skills
This is a full-time position. Compensation is based on skills and experience.
What's in it for you:
- Personal and professional growth
- A state-of-the-art environment and great work culture
- An environment that encourages strong work ethics and values
- Opportunity for new challenges as we grow
- Great benefits and competitive pay
Benefits may include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Paid time off
- Education allowance