Process Engineer I
JAKTOOL is an engineering and precision prototype manufacturing company serving customers in the defense, consumer product, aerospace and medical communities. We have grown over the past 25 years, into a highly skilled and diverse team of engineers and tradespeople, capable of maturing our customers’ ideas into functional physical prototypes; closing the loop between design and manufacturing.
JAKTOOL specializes in the development and prototyping of complex, tight tolerance, precision machined components and sub-assemblies for a variety of applications. We supply leading OEMs as well as Tier One suppliers with services including design, development, prototyping, and low volume production. We invest in the latest technology to support specific customer needs to deliver long-term value through a collaborative approach.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
The Process Engineer is responsible for supporting JAKTOOL prototype services through operating and supporting cold forming processes and the application of engineering technology.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop QAP (Quality Assurance Procedure) and supporting documentation for prototype cold forming processes
- Manage tooling inventory as well as characterizing tool wear and performance
- Operation of cold forming presses and supporting tooling change overs
- Understand and apply GD&T
- Use precision inspection and validation instruments (optical comparator, micrometers, standard measurement test equipment)
- Resource management to maximize throughput to meet schedule
- Identify and implement new measurement equipment
- Coordinate and manage project schedules
- Participate in periodic product development and design review meetings
- Collaborating with team to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Apply problem solving techniques, i.e. root-cause analysis, to develop solutions and drive reliable
III. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Works closely with internal and external groups:
· Internal relationships include Marketing, Sales, Operations, Regulatory, Quality Control, Research & Development, Manufacturing and Purchasing.
· External groups include vendors, subcontractors, and clients.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering.
- 2+ years of hands on prototype manufacturing work experience can be substituted for degree
V. SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Solid and proven experience as a Manufacturing/Process Engineer
- Skilled in use of metrology equipment and software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with: PCDMIS or similar inspection software
- ISO 9001 Experience
This is full-time position. Compensation is based on skills and experience.
What's in it for you:
- Personal and professional growth
- A state-of-the-art manufacturing environment and great work culture
- An environment that encourages strong work ethics and values
- Opportunity for new challenges as we grow
- Great benefits and competitive pay
Benefits may include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Paid time off
- Education allowance
- And more…