Electrical Engineer Intern
JAKTOOL’s Electrical Engineering team is searching for an Electrical Engineering Intern to work closely with the Engineering team and support internal and external development projects. The Electrical Engineering Intern will be exposed to many aspects of the engineering process as they design, develop, and produce prototype electrical devices that meet the JAKTOOL standard of quality. Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, creative, possess attention to detail, and work well in a team. We are looking for someone with excellent hands-on capabilities and a passion to learn.
THIS POSITION IS FULLY ON-SITE AT OUR FACILITY IN CRANBURY NJ. REMOTE WORK IS NOT AN OPTION.
Are you a natural-born tinkerer? Do you love to break things down, see what makes them tick, then build them back better than ever? Do you like to learn as you go, and figure out things as they land in front of you? Maybe you should intern with us! We dream big, in search of innovative engineering solutions. Read on to determine if you are the intern we may be looking for.
Candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate JAKTOOL core values:
- Communicating Clearly
- Showing Confidence with Humility
- Seeking & Applying Knowledge
- Expressing an Enthusiastic Attitude
- Applying a Strong Work Ethic
- Building Trust on Multiple Levels
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support hardware and software development efforts of circuits and microcontroller-based devices.
- Design and produce prototype PCB assemblies.
- Design and code firmware for prototype devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
· Research and provide support for internal development projects.
· Be able to handle multiple tasks and allocate time as needed to meet deadlines.
· Take ownership of assigned projects, interface with the team as needed, and drive projects to completion.
II. EDUCATION and SKILLS:
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Electrical Engineering or equivalent program
· Demonstrates effective and adaptive problem-solving.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with various departments, including mechanical design and manufacturing, to produce complete solutions to solve unique problems.
· Strong communication (written and in-person) is required.
· Excellent organization and time management skills, attention to detail.
· Seeks to research and solve issues independently.
· Passion and curiosity!
· Experience prototyping, building, testing, and debugging analog and digital circuits.
· Experience in software development for Android, iOS or web-based applications.
· Proficiency with at least one programming language(C/C++ or Python preferred) and able to adapt to new languages as needed.
· Experience working with microcontrollers and peripherals is highly preferred.
· Experience designing and assembling PCBs is preferred.
This is paid internship position. Compensation is based on skills and experience. We’re offering a part-time or full-time paid flexible schedule and the unique opportunity to help shape our operations while gaining valuable work experience.
JAKTOOL must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 - Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. The Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued provisions stating that all employees must be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022. JAKTOOL strives to maintain a safe workplace for all employees and has fully adopted the standards issued.