Firmware Development Engineer
JAKTOOL is an innovative design firm focused on taking on and solving unique engineering challenges from design to precision prototyping in the medical, consumer, laboratory, military, and aerospace fields. JAKTOOL is seeking self-driven, action-oriented tinkerers who love to solve problems to join its highly collaborative team.
Work closely with the engineering team to support internal and external development projects. Design, develop and produce electrical devices that meet the high JAKTOOL standard of quality. This role works closely with engineering and account management to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead firmware development efforts of microcontroller-based devices
- Lead software development efforts including LabVIEW, VBA, and Android/iOS app
- Perform/oversee testing and validation of products to confirm product function, failure mode and life expectancy.
- Project Management; coordinate project schedule with customers, supply chain, internal resources, and supervisors
- Take ownership of assigned projects, interface with the team as needed and drive projects to completion.
- Participate and/or host product development and design review meetings
- Support brainstorming of new, creative product concepts and ideas
- Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served and JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (C/C++, Python, etc.)
- Familiar with version control (e.g. Git, SVN, PDM)
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving techniques
- Able to manage multiple tasks and allocate time as needed to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer/Electrical Engineering with 2+ years hands-on experience in electrical and/or software design outside of traditional coursework
- or A.S. in Electronics with 4+ years hands-on experience in electrical and/or software design outside of traditional coursework
- Full time position.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid time off
- Education allowance