Tool Design/Mechanical Engineer
THIS POSITION IS FULLY ON-SITE AT OUR FACILITY IN CRANBURY NJ. REMOTE WORK IS NOT AN OPTION.
Are you a born tinkerer who loves to dream up new designs and figure out ways to make them work at work and at play? Are you an action-oriented thinker who loves to solve problems? Do you prefer to work in a dynamic work environment where you can put your attention to detail to the test? Are you a driver of positive change and constant improvement? Then we have a role for you! JAKTOOL is looking for a Tool Design/Mechanical Engineer. Read on to see if you have what it takes to join our team.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
JAKTOOL is looking for a Tool Design/Mechanical Engineer who is responsible for all phases of the project life cycle including concept generation, preliminary and detail design, analysis, assembly, and test as well as manufacturing support. This role works closely with engineering and account management to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL. Candidates for this role must be self-driven, creative, have amazing attention to detail, good management skills, as well as great teamwork and collaboration skills to interface with our customers and the rest of our design, manufacturing, and management teams.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design and develop Cold Forming Tool packages for in house equipment
· Leverage Simulation and hand calculations to compress tooling development time. Materials testing as needed to support process development.
· Provide viable solutions that enable the team to develop manufacturing processes for challenging part geometries.
· Support new project tooling from commissioning stages through to start of production
· Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
· Use of CAD (SolidWorks/CREO) software to create solid models, assemblies, and engineered drawings in accord with ASME Y 14.5 2009
· Perform structural analysis including, but not limited to traditional hand calculations and quick-turn FEA to support product development and design. More detailed FEA to be performed as needed.
· Perform/oversee testing and validation of products to confirm product function, failure mode and life expectancy.
· Coordinate project schedule with customers, supply chain, internal resources and supervisors
· Use of precision metrology equipment (optical comparator, micrometers, etc.)
· Use of hand, power, & precision assembly tools
· Documentation and organization of design related data / technical drawing packages in accordance with design and revision controls per ISO 9001 and internal standard practice
· Participate and/or host product development and design review meetings
· Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served
· Develop a broad knowledge base of JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
· Work independently on assignments and multi-task on several projects
· Travel up to 15% for attendance at customer design meetings, trade shows, conferences & sales support.
· Other duties as assigned
III. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience in automation & prototype development is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects with oversight
· Fluency in CAD software (Solidworks® preferred)
· Fluency in forming process simulation a plus(DEFORM® preferred)
· Possess a high degree of hands on mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
· Clear understanding of GD&T Standards
· Hands on experience in manufacturing /fabrication, CAM, and / or assembly is preferred (lathe, mill, machine tools).
· Excellent analytical, communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
· Experience with engineering document control
· Excellent computer skills
V. APPLICANT QUALITIES:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented – able to communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members and customers
- Adaptable/flexible – able to adjust to project modifications while focusing on deadlines
- Detail-oriented – able to focus on the details while considering the impact to the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges and working towards milestones
- Autonomous/Independent – able to work independently within boundaries defined by leadership
- Innovative – able to develop creative solutions when appropriate
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Cranbury, NJ
- Employees are required to be on-site
VI. WORK AUTHORIZATION:
· Must be a US Citizen or national of United States
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Company Paid Life & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development assistance