Senior Electrical Engineer
Are you a born tinkerer who loves to dream up new designs and figure out ways to make them work at work and at play? Are you an action-oriented thinker who loves to solve problems? Do you prefer to work in a dynamic work environment where you can put your attention to detail to the test? Are you a driver of positive change and constant improvement? Then we have a role for you! JAKTOOL is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer. Read on to see if you have what it takes to join our team.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
JAKTOOL’s Engineering team is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work closely with the Engineering team and support internal and external development projects. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be exposed to many aspects of the engineering process as they design, develop, and produce prototype electrical devices that meet the JAKTOOL standard of quality. This role works closely with engineering and account management to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL. Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, creative, possess attention to detail, and work well in a team. We are looking for someone with excellent hands-on capabilities and a passion to learn.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead hardware and software development efforts of microcontroller-based devices.
o Design and produce prototype PCB assemblies to exacting quality standards
o Produce highly reliable microcontroller code in C that is readable, easily understood and bullet proof.
· Lead software development for Android and/or iOS applications.
· Collaborate with Engineering and Production team to assist in sustaining engineering, design and coding of projects with turn around times of less than a day.
· Candidate is expected to research and solve issues independently.
· Perform/oversee testing and validation of products to confirm product function, failure mode and life expectancy.
· Project Management; coordinate project schedule with customers, supply chain, internal resources and supervisors
· Take ownership of assigned projects, interface with the team as needed and drive projects to completion.
· Participate and/or host product development and design review meetings
· Support brainstorming of new, creative product concepts and ideas
· Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served and JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
· Travel for attendance at customer design meetings, trade shows, conferences, and sales support
· Other duties as assigned
III. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· B.S. or M.S. in Electrical \ Computer Engineering
· 5+ years experience post-graduation, or a more recent graduate with extensive hands-on electrical and software design experience
· Excellent computer skills are essential.
· Fluent with at least one programming language(C/C++, Java) and able to adapt to new languages as needed.
· Fluent with Microsoft Office.
· Experience in;
o Schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium, AltiumCircuitStudio, OrCAD, PADS) required
o Designing and assembling PCBA’s is required.
o Embedded MCU development is required.
o Wireless protocols (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) preferred.
o Experience developing Android and/or iOS apps preferred.
· Demonstrates effective problem solving
· Strong written communication is required
· Excellent communication, teamwork,organizational skills and attention to detail
· Be able to handle multiple tasks and allocate time as needed to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position. Compensation is based on skills and experience.
What's in it for you:
- Personal and professional growth
- A state-of-the-art environment and great work culture
- An environment that encourages strong work ethics and values
- Opportunity for new challenges as we grow
- Great benefits and competitive pay
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid time off
- Education allowance