Associate Electrical Engineer
JAKTOOL is an innovative design firm focused on taking on and solving unique engineering challenges from design to precision prototyping in the medical, consumer, laboratory, military, and aerospace fields. JAKTOOL is seeking self-driven, action-oriented tinkerers who love to solve unique problems to join its highly collaborative team.
Primary Function We are currently searching for an Entry-Level Electronics Design Engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for developing robust electrical engineering designs and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong design, development, and programming skills as well as a passion for learning new skills and technologies.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Create new project prototypes.
- Design and build analog and digital devices.
- Write firmware and/or software to support designs.
- Partner with other departments, and clients to design, validate and deploy technology solutions.
- Brainstorm new, creative product concepts and ideas.
- Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served and JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales.
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve and learn new skills to solve unique problems.
- Wear many engineering hats to solve creative, exciting, and challenging problems.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout and assembly (e.g., Altium, KiCAD, OrCAD, Eagle).
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Ability to analyze, test, and troubleshoot to the component level.
- Good documentation practices.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with ARM-based CPU architectures and interfaces such as USB, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
- Experience with wireless communication implementation (Bluetooth, WiFi, LoRA).
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills.
- Experience with programming languages and environments (Python, VBA, LabVIEW, Android Studio, etc.).
- Experience with version control (e.g., Git, SVN, PDM).
- Experience with test instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Full-time position.
- Competitive salary - compensation will be based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid time off
- Education allowance